Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Whole Lot of Kree


I want to just write about Kree for a minute and all the recent things he has been up to.  I don't know what I would do without him in my life or I should say in our lives. He has so much personality lately and cracks us up everyday with something knew that he says or does.  It's those times that I wish I had a pen and paper to jot down all the funny and cute things that he does and says.  One that Ragen was telling me about the other day was: they were getting ready to go to the Ag show with some family and he immediately ran and got his overalls and wanted to wear them and then started stuffing his tools in his pockets and said that he was going to fix the tractors like the farmers.  I love it!
Lately he has been a momma's boy... I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that there is a little one on the way and he knows things are going to be different.  I don't ever want him to think that he is being replaced or that we wouldn't show him enough love and attention.  It will be interesting to see how he adjusts when his brother arrives in about 3 to 4 weeks.  Some days he seems excited about it and talks about how he's going to share his toys with him and his room, etc but then other days he isn't so excited and won't have anything to do with the baby at all.  He will be a good brother though... I know it, it may take some time but he will.
Just some of the many things he is doing lately (and I'm sure I will forget some and then remember them later)
  • He is still into Tom & Jerry and lately wants to watch that, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast or Up
  • Loves to try and fix things with his tools or pretend he is cutting our hair with his tools
  • Calls his overalls his "lunch" or his "dinners"
  • Is really into puzzles, cars and trains
  • Is still a picky eater and is still a small/scrauny but energenic boy
  • Not sure exactly what he weighs but probably around 28/29lbs, he has his 3 year check up in March.
  • Is very stubborn when it comes to trying to potty train, hopefully soon before the baby comes, cross our fingers
  • Loves to sing to songs in the car and even in church
  • Loves to wrestle with daddy
  • Likes to lick you and says "I gonna lick you!"
  • Is still obsessed with his blanky
  • Loves cheese quesadillas and grilled cheese sandwiches (he calls them cheese hamburgers)
  • Finally starting to like brushing his teeth since Santa brought him a Thomas the Train battery-powered toothbrush, had his first dentist appt a few weeks ago and hated every second of it and has to go back in a few weeks because of a possible cavity
  • Loves to try and dress himself now and actually does pretty well
  • Thinks that Mommy has to carry him everywhere lately, pretty sure it has something to do with the baby coming as mentioned before
  • Has to pick his own cereal out of the cupboard himself in the mornings
  • Can sleep in forever in the mornings and is a huge night owl, mommy and daddy have not been very consistent
  • Has to make sure I give him a hug and kiss before leaving in the morning for work and if I forget then daddy has to rush him outside to the car before I take off to do so... I love it!
  • Has really gotten into books lately and amazes me on how much he remembers about books that we have read to him.
  • Is starting to recognize  letters and numbers when he see's them
  • Can spell his name
  • Does a naked run before getting into the bathtub
  • When Mommy or Daddy say a word that we're not supposed to that we have taught him not to say, he makes sure we know it and says "don't say dat!"
  • Is becoming increasingly smarter and smarter when it comes to mommy's phone or the TV and DVD player.
  • I love this little guy and these past 3 years have been so wonderful watching him grow and can't wait for many more.  We love you Kree!

No comments:

Post a Comment