Saturday, September 7, 2013

California

So on June 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th I was able to meet up with Ragen in Anaheim, CA.  Ragen and been there for a day or two already for meetings, so I decided to head out Thursday to enjoy some time with the Hubby without the kiddos. We really haven't spent a lot of time without the kids before well at least not this long but it was kind of nice even though we missed them like crazy. Thankfully Grandma & Grandpa Darrington were kind enough to take the kids for the weekend.  I planned for a few fun things while we were there and of course lots of shopping.
I flew in Thursday early evening so Ragen picked me up after his meetings and we had dinner at P.F. Changs and that was about all we had time for.  Friday I hit the outlets while Ragen was in meetings.  Oh how I love to check out outlets I have never been to! That night we had bought tickets to Angels/Yankees baseball game.  I was so excited to watch the Yankees!
Saturday I wanted to head to Los Angeles to see my Uncle Joe and Aunt Carolyn who are serving a mission at the visitors center at the Los Angeles temple.  We didn't tell them we were coming so they were definitely surprised.  Uncle Joe gave us a tour of the visitors center and it is amazing what they have in there.and how excited he was to show us everything. Then we headed off to Six Flags.  I love roller coasters but I was a little nervous because it has been a while and since I have had kids sometimes they are a little harder to take but still love then adventure.  Unfortunately, we only rode like 3-4 rides because the lines were so long. Next time we will buy the fast passes.  We decided to leave because there was more we wanted to do and the lines weren't getting any shorter.  But the X2 was probably the funnest ride I have ever ridden, even Ragen thought so.
After our twisting and turning, upside down fun we were trying to figure out what to do... and of course I talked Ragen into SHOPPING! But the outlet mall we were headed to ended up being further than we thought (and Ragen was getting so frustrated and impatient) so we shopped for about an hour and then left to eat at Joe's Crab Shack.  We flew home Sunday, had a great time, picked up the kiddos and we were so excited to see them.  It was definitely time to come home to out babies!









No comments:

Post a Comment